3 days down, 87 to go! I’m feeling good, confident and not at all daunted at the 12-page a day approach. I’m feeling especially giddy in using my iPad to read through the 90 day challenge. I have two e-reader apps downloaded so far: Apple’s iBooks and Amazon’s Kindle. I’m using Kindle to read the B90 Bible because Apple didn’t sell it on the iTunes store (their loss).
How do I love the iPad as an e-reader? Let me count the ways:
- The iPad is so thin and portable that I can take it with me everywhere (by purse, by tote, by handled neoprene case). And I do.
- I can highlight, bookmark and make as many notes as I want.
- I can carry hundreds of books with me at a time, although on average I only read 2-3 at a time.
- Like most e-readers, I can adjust the font to a comfortable size which decreases eye fatigue.
- I no longer need to dedicate precious bookshelf space to my favorite books because I can keep them on my e-reader app forever and ever.
- The Pièce de Résistance: unlike the Amazon Kindle or other e-readers, the iPad has gorgeous back light for reading in the dark. My husband can happily sleep uninterrupted in total darkness while I happily read in bed with my awesome back light.
These are just a few bennies to owning an iPad but there are many others all of which will have to wait for a future blog posting.