2-Minute Fix for HP’s “Print Cartridge Error”

NOTE: Please do not email me or leave a comment requesting me to send you this fix.  The fix is NOT mine so I cannot send it to you.  This post simply links you to the developer where you can email him directly and request him to send you his fix.

Another clever fellow was recently added to my hero list. He wrote some code to fix the annoying “Print Cartridge Error” that HP printers display whenever the ink cartridges have met their expiration date. This happens to those individuals who prefer to use the same ink cartridge to refill their ink supply for pennies rather than drop a bundle of cash on new cartridges, and it also happens to those individuals who use their printer infrequently and/or buys a lot of cartridges on eBay and stockpiles them.

I spent days Googling and trying all the convoluted attempts to “fake” the printer into thinking it’s an earlier point in time to no avail. I was ready to tear the darn box apart to find that elusive battery when I stumbled upon said hero on some now-forgotten forum. I emailed the chap and he promptly mailed me his fix. It literally took 2 minutes to install and he graciously provided much needed comic relief with his installation commentary during the process. It worked like a charm on my HP Officejet 5510!

So if you are as fed up as I and countless others have been, drop a line to said hero and ask him to email you his fix.   Thanks a million, Dan!

UPDATE 2/26/2011:  Please don’t ask me to send you this fix.  It’s not mine to give out.  Contact the developer of the fix instead.

This entry was posted in The Tool Box. Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to 2-Minute Fix for HP’s “Print Cartridge Error”

1. Chuck S says:

I too have been searching for a fix to the Print Cartridge Error problem, and I also ran across the forum message by Gikam (I take it his name is Dan). I sent him an e-mail a few days ago requesting his fix. Sad to say, I have not yet received a reply from him. Is there any way you could forward it to me? I would be most appreciative if you could.

BTW, I live in Ewing, the next town north of Trenton (our lovely state capital!). We have plenty of farmland here, too, although much of it seems to be set aside for horses. And my wife’s best friend, living in Hazleton PA, just finished 10+ years of home-schooling her 3 children. Her eldest is about to start college. It works!

Best wishes,
    Chuck S

2. ali says:

Hi Irene
    I would really really appreciate it, if you could send me the fix for the Hp printer.
    Thanks in advance.
    Ali
    lali200433@blueyonder.co.uk

3. Dan George Matei says:

yes, Gikam is a nickname derived from my second name: George>Georgica>Gica>Gika>Gikam.
    I was in vacation, but now I think you got the patch by now

4. Von Gordon says:

Please send me your HP printer fix. I need it desperately! thanks so much, Von

5. Ed says:

Hi Dan, I’d like to try your solution on my HP F4235 printer. Can you email me at kaimana@email.com? Thanks, Ed

6. stella says:

please can you send me the fix for the hp cartridge error.

7. Greg says:

I could us the fix. Would you email me the fix or can it be posted anywhere?

Greg
    rogginator@gmail.com

8. sandra says:

Help.
    Ready to crash this printer with print cartridge error. Could you also send me the quick fix. Cant seem to find anything that works online. I would really appreciate it.

9. Neville O says:

Hi folks,

Here’s a cry for help all the way from South Africa.
    I need this quick fix too please! This printer of mine is living on borrowed time.

I have to turn away and pray every now and then – otherwise…

Dan (Gikam), or whoever, can you PLEASE forward it to me too?

Thanks, and God bless.

nevandsandy@telkomsa.net

BTW folks.
    Our daughter was home-schooled via the ACE system, and she’s gone on to study further, and doing great! The home-schooling gave her amazing confidence and taught her so much more than just schoolwork!

10. ERIKA says:

HELLO mr. dan! th same problem i have! and i dont want to buy a new cartridge! pls send the quick fix for it! thankyou!:))

11. nairamus says:

Hello I send you an e-mail … I experiece the same probleme… Stupid 4680….. can You send to me the sfoftware? marclick2000@yahoo.com
    Merci….

12. Matt says:

hey I sent you an email for the fix. this is driving me absolutely crazy. would really appreciate the fix from you!

13. Tiffany says:

Please send me the fix!! I’m desperate to use my printer again!!! I hate HP!!!!

14. peter says:

I’m getting a persistent “incompatible print cartridge(s)” on my hp photosmart c4680 after installing a new black ink cartridge LD-reman hp640). Do you have a fix? I’d greatly appreciate.
    Thanks, Peter

15. Alan says:

Hi Dan,

Could you please send me the fix to the print cartridge error on hp.

Thanks a lot! Been searching for some time now!

16. Van says:

Dan, please also me your fix for the Print Cartridge Error message.

Mine is an HP 1315 all-in-one printer.

Thanks a million!!!

Van

17. Gikam says:

Please don;t ask me here for the fix. Use my email posted at the beginning of the page (gikam @ yahoo.com). Put ‘FixHP’ in the subject

18. Bob says:

I have a 5440 printer and I’m wondering if this fix will work on this printer. Please advise.
    Thanks
    Bob

19. gikam says:

the patch is still available, but I think HP changed the protection